It took some arm twisting, but I managed to get Sandy Rees to agree to join me for a one hour teleseminar, just for Step by Step Fundraising readers.Â — For Free! — You see, Sandy is one busy, in-demand gal.
In addition to the 7 Essential Steps to Raising Money by Mail, the book she and I co-authored, she has written several other books. She has a long list of coaching and consulting clients. All of this of course after retiring from working full-time directly for nonprofit agencies.Â In her own words:
I’ve worked in nonprofit fundraising for the past 10 years. In one of my first fundraising jobs, I started a direct mail program to raise money and gain new donors. I didn’t know much about how to do it, so I read everything I could get my hands on and I tested various letters. In just 4 years, I was raising over $300,000 annually with direct mail for my nonprofit organization. Believe me, I made a LOT of mistakes, but I kept working at it. And my Board was thrilled with my results!
In this seminar you’ll discover:
- How Sandy took a nonprofit from near zero donations by mail to over $300,000 per year
- What every fundraising letter absolutely must include
- How your newsletter & free publicity can support your fundraising letter appeal
- How to identify major donors through direct mail
- Tips for finding the right kind of mailing list
- How to improve your fundraising by telling great stories — by mail and in person!
Press the play button below to listen online:
or to download right click on this link: MP3 File and choose "save as" to save to your computer
Resources for a successful direct mail campaign:
Get the book: 7 Essential Steps to Raising Money by Mail
For one-on-one help: Sandy’s Coaching Programs (The Direct Mail Secrets Mentoring Course is sold out.)
Additional resources: direct mail links in our directory
Wishing you direct mail success,
Sandra Sims & Sandy Rees
Co-Authors, 7 Essential Steps to Raising Money by Mail