Does your nonprofit have a blog? I recently began a six part series on this topic over at CauseBlogger.com.
This series is for anyone interested in promoting an idea or non-commercial message via blogs. Nonprofits, volunteers, activists and collectively those who I call “cause enthusiasts” can all find many benefits in blogging.
The truth is, there’s nothing complicated about what a blog is, or what it can do. Here are just a few examples of stories that can be posted to a blog that will help boost your fundraising efforts:
- Announcements about upcoming fundraising events
- Photos of items in your upcoming auction (gets people excited about attending and bidding!)
- Profiles of volunteers who made your special event successful
- Stories about service recipients who will be helped because of funds raised
- Acknowledgment and appreciation of corporate sponsors and major donors
- Progress on projects that fundraising efforts made possible
To find out more about blogging in simple terms see part 1 – What is a Blog?
Then discover the five different types of cause related blogs, examples of each and lessons you can learn from them in Part 2 – Who are cause bloggers?
The remaining four segments will be published in the near future.