Greetings! Â Once again, I am proud to bring you an article by a guest author who has lots of experience working for the benefit of non-profit organizations. Â John Haydon (pictured at left) is the man behindÂ JohnHaydon.comÂ andÂ InboundZombie, which is the site for his social media consulting business. Â
John specializes in helping non-profits â€œincrease awareness, amplify engagement, and get more donations online.â€ Â I think those are goals that most non-profits would aim for!
John has also written an e-book, calledÂ â€œThe Complete Facebook Guide For Small Nonprofitsâ€, which is free to download, if you â€œLikeâ€Â his Facebook page.
I hope you enjoy this article and I encourage you to check outÂ Johnâ€™s siteÂ when you get the chance. Â Iâ€™m sure you will learn something and have a good time doing it! Â Thanks, John!
12 ways Facebook users can like your nonprofit Facebook Page
Fortunately, Facebookâ€™s platform includes many opportunities for Facebook users to like a Page. Below are twelve ways Facebook users can like your Page:
- From a New Facebook User RegistrationÂ â€“ People who registering for Facebook can your Page in the registration wizard.
- From creating a PageÂ – When you create a Page,Â liking it is now part of the process.
- Admin RegistrationÂ â€“ People can like your Page when you add them as admins.
- Invite Friends FeatureÂ â€“ Admins can theÂ â€œInvite Friendsâ€Â feature to ask their friends to like your Page (as shown below).
- One the PageÂ â€“ People who liked your Page from the Page itself.
- Sponsored StoriesÂ â€“ People can like your Page in aÂ Sponsored Story ad.
- RecommendationÂ â€“ Someone can recommend your Page when they like it.
- From a Mobile DeviceÂ â€“ People can like your Page directly from a iPhone or other mobile device.
- Pages Can Like PagesÂ â€“ In addition to Profiles, other Pages can like your Page.
- From a Profile EditÂ -Facebook users can add your page to their â€œlikesâ€ if they edit their profile.
- From a Facebook SearchÂ â€“ People who liked your Page from Facebookâ€™s search results.
- From a Like Box or Like ButtonÂ â€“ People can like your Page from an external site using these Facebook social plugins.
Facebook Insights now allow to to track all of these various like sources
In Facebookâ€™sÂ new Page Insight Fans report, you can view how many likes youâ€™ve received for a specific date-range and where those likes came from: