I recently got the chance to meet with Roger and Chris of FastTrack Fundraising in their Los Angeles office. (That’s me with Roger Lum in the photo at left.) After our 2+ hour discussion I was truly convinced that this company is the discount card experts!
While they offer a variety of other fundraisers, custom discount cards continue to be their top fundraising program. And with good reason — it works!
I have long been a fan of discount cards as a fundraiser. They are an all around good fundraising vehicle for a wide variety of groups such as schools, civic clubs, church youth groups, YMCA, sports teams and many more.
- In demand product – Provides year-long savings to your supporters (So they are easy to sell!)
- Cards are affordable – Fast Track’s custom cards retail for $10
- High profit margin – With Fast Track your group earns $7-9 per card!
- Small cards are easy to transport – An advantage over other product sales with bulky boxes or foods that require refrigeration
- Can be repeated every year
FastTrack fundraising consultants provide advice and tools to empower your volunteers to get merchants on board as sponsors. Roger noted, “Other companies promise that they will get the merchants for you. That sounds easier at first, but actually we have found that when groups solicit local businesses directly they have better results. Then we are able to offer lower prices on the cards so the groups raise more money.”
This makes a lot of sense. Business owners and managers may not even take the call of a sales company. They are much more likely to speak to a volunteer directly involved with the group the sales benefit, especially if it’s someone they know.
So it it better to call, mail a letter or make a personal visit? From their experience working with hundreds of groups, FastTrack recommends face to face visits. Prepare a letter ahead of time and make copies of it and the merchant agreement form provided by Fast Track. Just ask to speak to the manager and if they are not available, leave the material and call them back later.
Chris even says that “groups who bring kids are 3 times as likely to be successful.” So school groups, sports teams, and youth have a real advantage.
Besides all their years of experience that will help your fundraiser be more successful, FastTrack has several other advantages:
- The custom discount cards are full color, front and back, and each side is fully customizable.
- They are a durable plastic, similar to a credit card.
- Low cost, just $1-3 each depending on quantity
- High Fundraising potential – up to 90% Profit.
- Free to start – no initial investment.
- 48 hour turnaround time – cards printed & shipped within 48 hours after approval for orders less than 1000.
- Your fundraiser can be completed in 30 days or less!
So is your group ready to work with the Custom Discount Card Experts at FastTrack Fundraising? Request a free fundraising kit now